Monday, October 22, 2012

Day Twenty-two: Kaleb's Closet

Today I did unintentional de-cluttering. I just happened to clean out all the clothes that don't fit Kaleb anymore. How is that unintentional you ask? Well when I did it, I wasn't thinking "hey this is a good de-cluttering project". I just did it, I had a calm baby and took advantage. It's a good thing too, since I had a baby who was wide awake and partying until 10:00 p.m., meaning I didn't have the time, nor the desire, to do a project tonight.

We are very blessed, most of Kaleb's clothes were purchased by family members. Which also means he has a lot of clothes. Like an entire closet full of just shirts. What doesn't help either is he was a tiny baby, meaning he wore the same sizes for a looonnnggg time. Example: currently he's wearing mostly 9 months with a mixture of 6 months, 6-12 months and 12 months. I think there's even a couple 3 months shirts. It's crazy, in a good way though. 

Today I cleaned out mostly 3-6 and 6 months. Some may possibly fit him if we try, especially the onesies since I have extenders now. But we're tired of seeing him in onesies. That is all he wore for basically 7 months and we're over it. We like to dress him in "little person" clothes, as in: jeans and t-shirt.

Long story short: I've got a plastic container full of clothes destined for the basement.

Want to read more? Check out the entire series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment