Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tips and Tricks Tuesday

Welcome to Tips and Tricks Tuesday, where I'll share household tips and/or tricks that I think are quite fantabulous! 

I'm going to start with one I discovered this weekend: non-chemical bathroom cleaner that actually works. It's super simple and super cheap too.

Blue Dawn and Vinegar.

Here's what I did:

First: I bought one of those dish washing sponges attached to a wand that you fill with soap. You can find them at the dollar store, but since I don't have one, I spent $3 at Walmart.

Second: Warm up a little bit of vinegar and half fill the wand with the vinegar

Third: Finish filling the wand with Blue Dawn dish soap. This is really important. It has to be Original Blue Dawn. Apparently it is the only one with the magical cleaning properties.

Lastly: Gently shake to combine then you are ready to start scrubbing.

This works amazingly on soap scum and general dirtiness. I even did our previously white shower curtain with it, and guess what, our curtain is white again. I did have to scrub it twice, but no biggie considering nothing else has ever worked.  This stuff seriously blew my mind!

I left the wand in the shower so that every few days I can quickly rub down the shower and curtain. 

Alternatively, you can use a spray bottle and use it the old fashion way - with a sponge. But this is just sooo much simpler.


Try it, you'll love it.


The magic wand hanging out in it's new home.


Note: I originally saw this on a website or on Pinterest or something. I don't know, I can't find it. If I ever do, I'll link it back. 
Also, Blue Dawn did not pay or endorse or black mail me into saying these things. :) 


Update: Found it thanks to Randi over at Sowdering About. Check out her testimonial.

4 comments:

  1. I love original Dawn! But I wonder why it has to be only the original? I'll have to do a comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for this off topic comment but I was unable to find a contact email.

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award.  
    I really enjoy your blog and hope to get to know you better.  There are two posts about this award.  

    The first is my participation in the award where I discuss 11 things about myself and answer the questions.  You can find that post http://bit.ly/TgtRBp


    The second post is the rules and the blogs that I have recommended.  The purpose of this award is to get newer blogs out there and recognized and hopefully you will get more followers.  You can find that http://bit.ly/TVlCrh

    Hugs
    Kylara

    ReplyDelete