Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tips and tricks Tuesday

Today's tip is a super easy one for the kitchen.

I don't know about you, but every time a recipe calls for sautéing chicken or beef strips, I cringe. I'm always worried about not cooking enough and dying of salmonella or over cooking and the meat being tough. Until now. Ready for this?

Cook it under the broiler.

Yep, that's right. Turn on your oven's broiler to high. Spread the strips on a baking sheet lined with foil (for easy cleanup). Cook under the broiler for 10-15 mins (or until cooked through), turning once. The time does vary depending on the thickness and size of the strips.

And you are done.

I love this method since all the meat cooks evenly, there is no more guessing. It also allows me to devote my full attention to other parts of the meal. And don't worry, it doesn't burn easily, I left some in for 25 minutes with no problem.

Try it, you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment