Friday, November 16, 2012

A Week in the Life of a Busy Baby

This week was a crazy one. I know I say that every week, but this time it truly was! It was also extra special because one of my friends, E, was up with her two kids visiting her in-laws (and me!).

It started with my mom coming up for a visit on Friday night. It was nice to have her here, and Kaleb loved playing and cuddling with his grandma. We didn't do much over the weekend besides the usual running around and cleaning.

In the bad news department, our washing machine broke. Like, so broke, it's dead. The repairman diagnosed our problem as a broken bearing, meaning we need a new transmission and motor.  We are extremely disappointed, as the machine is only a year and half old. However, good news came in today: the parts are covered under the warranty! (I may have done a happy dance for that one.) It is still going to take another week or so for it to be repaired, in that meantime, that smell is coming from us. ;)

On Monday, Kaleb and I went to his girlfriend's house for a play date. As I've said many many times before, play dates are awesome. Especially with his girlfriend, I really enjoy hanging out with her mama and it's fun to watch them interact.

On Tuesday, I visited with E and the kiddos at my aunt's house. Her daughter is two and a half months old and oh so adorable! In the afternoon, we went shopping and I bought a couple shirts for our family photos next month. Afterwards we enjoyed a yummy supper back at my aunts. Kaleb wore what I thought was going to be his last cloth diaper for quite awhile as I did his diaper laundry there. (With the whole broken washing machine thing, I decided to put him in disposables until it was fixed so that we wouldn't be bugging friends and family.) I was very proud of my hubby when he arrived that night too, first thing he said when picking up Kaleb was "Hey, what's up with the [disposable] diaper!"

Wednesday was our usual craziness. E and her daughter joined us for Babies Club and K did wonderfully at his swimming. This is where one of the best parts of my week came in. After one full day of using disposable diapers, J got frustrated trying to put one on and said "screw it, he is going back into cloth and I'll stand at the laundry mat if I have to!" He's been rocking the fluffy butt ever since.

Thursday we went bowling with E and her son (who promptly beat both of us) then we went for a another play date at Kaleb's girlfriend's. Her mom was so generous and told me to bring a load of laundry to do at the same time, which really helps us out!

So there you have it folks, another crazy week. How did you spend your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment